- A whole week dedicated to craft beer in the heart of Budapest from the 20th to 27th of May, 2018
- Your (our) most favourite breweries and beers from all around the world
ALL YOU CAN DRINK BEER TASTING FOR A FIXED PRICE
AND MEET THE BREWERS FROM ALL PARTICIPATING BREWERIES IN PERSON AT BPBW | Beer Week in Budapest 2018
Meet the brewers
- Tap takeovers, meet the brewer events during the week
- The actual brewers will be representing their breweries in person during the tasting sessions
- Two days, two 6 hours long tasting sessions (05/25 FRI and 05/26 SAT)
- Unlimited beer tasting for a fixed price
- 2 taps (1 KEG/tap) / brewery / session
- Once a beer is gone, it’s gone
- Live music events, parties during the week
- Parties after both tasting sessions with the best acts the region can offer
- Oh, there will be local beers as well!!!
BPBW | Beer Week in Budapest 2018
Like many great things, the idea of the festival was born in a beer bar under the influence of new wave brewing, international festivals, inspiring brewers and of course a decent amount of good beer. The goal was simple and straightforward from the beginning: although during the past couple of years the wind of craft has touched the Hungarian beer scene and great breweries has been risen from the ground, it is clear that we have to leap that next step to connect our culture into the international circles of craft beer. That is why we are here -and so are you. Our goal is not only to invite you to the tasting sessions of BPBW but to persuade you staying here for a longer time: during the whole week we are organizing tap takeovers, brewery visits, meet the brewer events and concerts.
WHAT BUDAPEST CAN OFFER
Budapest is mainly known for its bridges, the Danube, baths, stag parties and ruin pubs but under the surface there is a sparkling new wave on the rise up. Craft breweries are taking over the taps of old and new bars, street food spots, artisan coffee houses, farmers’ markets and Michelin starred restaurants are twisting the traditional Hungarian cuisine and there is no night without a sassy band playing their tunes. Built upon a great historical heritage this city and its residents are not afraid to look towards fresh ideas and new directions.
OUR FAVOURITE CRAFT BEER LOCATIONS
The craft beer scene is growing fast here in Budapest. We chose the most impressive craft beer bars, restaurants, artisan coffee houses, street food and live music locations to join us as BPBW venues to help you guys discovering the city and its own culture. In other words, we want to show you the best our beloved city can offer through the looking glass of our favourite places. The list of participating sites is constantly expanding, so stay tuned for the full list of goodness.